A simple confectioners sweetener glaze for your next batch of pastries or other sweet treats! Comes together in just 5 minutes with plenty of ways to customize.
- 3 cups confectioners sweetener from Purecane, sifted (~300g)
- 7–8 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Food coloring, Jam, Sprinkles (optional)
- Sift your confectioners sweetener into a medium-sized bowl.
- Start by adding 3-4 tablespoons of whole milk, mixing together with a spatula or whisk until incorporated. Then add more whole milk by the tablespoon until desired consistency and no clumps remain (8 tablespoons was perfect for me). Whisk in your vanilla extract if using for added flavor.
- You can either spoon or drizzle over your pastries/desserts as-is or add some food coloring! You can even whisk in a tablespoon or two of your favorite jam. The glaze will harden and set overtime, so if adding sprinkles, make sure to do so right after glazing.
- Use same-day as the glaze will set with time (and will harden more on your pastries/dessert overtime).
- If you want a thinner glaze, add more whole milk. Thicker? Sift in some extra confectioners sweetener!
- This glaze is great because you can divide up into a little bowls and different food coloring to each (like I did for these pop tarts) or even whisk in some of your favorite jam. It’s totally up to you!
- If you’re not using Purecane’s Confectioners Sweetener, your glaze will obviously not be sugar-free and you may need to use less whole milk than listed. Start with 3-4 tablespoons and work up from there!