These healthy, easy, and delicious chocolate banana popsicles are packed with Kefir and come together in minutes! A nutritious snack that’s loaded with protein and probiotics.
This recipe is sponsored by Lifeway Kefir.
How to Make These Chocolate Banana Popsicles
These babies come together in a flash and are a great, healthy option for those with kids! All you need is a good blender, your typical measuring cups and spoons, and some popsicle molds and sticks!
Let’s break down the super easy process:
- Place all of your ingredients together in a blender.
- Then, blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into your popsicle molds and insert your popsicle sticks (I used a mini mold, so I got 8 mini popsicles. With a larger mold, I’d expect about 4).
- Next, let freeze for 3-4 hours or up to overnight (what I did).
- Finally, once fully frozen, drizzle with some melted chocolate, top with chocolate shavings, or just enjoy as-is!
Materials You’ll Need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Popsicle mold and sticks
- Something to drizzle and shave chocolate overtop (optional)
Lifeway’s Plain Whole Milk Kefir
I honestly love just to drink Lifeway’s whole milk kefir as an afternoon pick-me-up! It’s so delish and packed with protein, calcium, and probiotics. Plus, it’s 99% lactose-free, gluten-free, and has no added sugar!
Plus, it’s great for baking too outside of these chocolate banana popsicles! You could easily use it in your loafs, cakes, and cupcakes as well.
Easy, 5-ingredient and kefir-packed chocolate banana popsicles!
- 1 cup Plain Whole Milk Kefir (from Lifeway Kefir)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into smaller pieces
- Optional: extra chocolate to melt/drizzle overtop + pre-shaved cacao nibs
- Place all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and insert your popsicle sticks (I made 8 mini popsicles with the mold I had, so if you’re using a larger mold it may only give you about 4).
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Once fully frozen, remove from the molds, drizzle with a bit of melted chocolate and top with pre-shaved cacao nibs (optional, but delish). Enjoy!
- I used chocolate melts to drizzle and pre-shaved cacao nibs to top my popsicles with! You could easily dip these fully in chocolate, drizzle with caramel, or even enjoy as-is. No matter which way you decide to go you won’t be disappointed!
- Definitely give these at least 3-4 hours to fully freeze or they’ll still be soft to touch. I let mine freeze overnight for that perfect popsicle bite!
- Don’t skip out on the Lifeway Kefir! It’s packed with protein and probiotics, making these popsicles one healthy little treat. Great to make for those with kiddos!
Need some more Lifeway Kefir in your life? Check out my Cherry Tomato Galette with Herbed Farmer Cheese!